Today Premier Doug Ford and Minister of Education Stephen Lecce announced that schools will remain in remote virtual learning for the remainder of the school year. Students with significant special education needs who are currently accessing in-person support in our schools will continue to do so for the remainder of the school year.
We anticipate further information to be provided by the Ministry of Education and our partners from Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health concerning year-end activities and access to schools for students and families to return items and pick up any remaining items. We will share information as soon as it is available.
Vaccine Information from WDGPH
WDGPH’s youth-focused COVID-19 vaccination clinics are now open for booking online. Students 12+ can pre-register online to receive a booking code which will allow them to book an appointment at any available clinic.
- Individuals having difficulty pre-registering or booking online can call the Vaccine Reg/Appointment Help Line: 1-844-780-0202. Mon-Fri, 12-8 pm.
- Local Pharmacies in the WDG region who have a supply of the Pfizer vaccine are also able to book appointments for youth 12+. Visit the following website to find a pharmacy location nearest to you https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations Be sure to contact a pharmacy offering the Pfizer vaccine.
- Answers to your COVID-19 Vaccine Questions: Where can I get trusted information about the COVID-19 vaccine for youth?
- Visit Kids Health First Website for FAQs and resources for parents, youth and providers about the COVID-19 vaccine. This site was developed by the Children’s COVID-19 Vaccine Table and supported by the Children’s Health Coalition.
- The Children’s COVID-19 Vaccine Advisory Table is co-chaired by Dr. Vinita Dubey, Associate Medical Officer of Health at Toronto Public Health and Kimberly Moran, CEO of Children’s Mental Health Ontario and representing the Children’s Health Coalition. The purpose of the Children’s Vaccine Advisory Table is to provide strategic advice and recommendations to government regarding vaccine strategy in the context of the COVID-19 global pandemic to inform planning, process and readiness with a focus on children.
Pre-Registration for Virtual School 2021
Parents who had missed earlier communication regarding virtual school enrollment for 2021-22 can find information at the following link. If you missed the pre-registration and are now considering virtual school for the full year next year, please complete the form provided at the site.
This has been a very difficult year for all of our families and staff and we are grateful for your understanding and support as we have navigated through these various challenges and new requirements provided by Province of Ontario.
We will be providing further information in the coming days and weeks in preparation for the end of the school year.